About Terri Burns, LMFT
Terri is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Her work includes working with the whole family for change. She believes a healthy family starts with the couple Terri is trained in the Gottman Couples Method, Affairs, Trauma, and Addiction. As a certified Prepare and Enrich Facilitator, canTerri counsel premarital couples to have a great marriage. Terri has facilitatedCouples workshops and Betrayal Trauma for women.In addition to couples, Terri is passionate about helping families and individuals.She uses Solution Focused Therapy to tailor individualized treatment plans. Some of her favorite ways to help clients include working with a sandtray. Terri is trained in grief therapy. Terri taught elementary school for 28 years in Texas. Terri grew up in the Dallas area choosing UNT for her degree in teaching. In 2019, she earned her Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling from Amberton University.
Terri’s favorite spot is the pool. Terri enjoys watching movies with her family. Her husband and son are her heart, and Hans the mini Schnauzer who is the latest addition to the family.
Terri Burns, MA, LMFT
Please contact her @email@example.com or (972) 277-1217 to schedule directly with her.
Associations & Certifications
- Gottman Method couples therapy 1,2, and 3 levels completed
- Gottman Method couples therapy for addictions and trauma completed
- Gottman Method couples therapy for Affairs and Infidelity completed
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
- American Counseling Associations
- Gottman 1 and 2 certified
- Prepare and Enrich Facilitator
- Teletherapy Certified